May's Emerald Green birthstone and May flowers challenge

Moderator: ACOT Employee

scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 1886

Re: May's Emerald Green birthstone and May flowers challenge

Post by scrappininAK »

sounds like fun . However, I already know I'm a rebel. Even though I'm Irish I'm not that keen on emerald so I'll probably go with lime instead and may make the pics smaller. I just can't seem to follow orders!!
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
CutMania Newsletter Sign Up
Kari_H
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 246

Post by Kari_H »

Uh oh Sher I messed up a step... my interpretation stinks. :-(
Kari ----- "Women with whips, 82% more likely to get what they want."

Check out my site! http://countryroadphotography.zenfolio.com/
JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

I was trying to get materials together for this last night and got stumped on the floral paper. I wanted to do my daughter's wedding for this challenge; it was green so seemed perfect, but the pictures that I have printed so far are 5X7 & larger. I was feeling overwhelmed and tired and gave up and went to bed.
This morning inspiration hit and I know what floral paper to use, I just need to remember where I put it. ;)

I realized I have time to have 3 photos printed and even decided to photoshop them into black and white with only her green bouquet in color.

Amazing what some sleep can do for the creative process!!

Thanks for the challenge. I'm excited about getting started on it.
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage
suewho372
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 939

Post by suewho372 »

I am posting this here for now-- I keep getting the message my layout does not meet submission requirements for this challenge. I do not know what I am doing incorrectly for it to sumbit. If someone knows please PM me and I will move this crazy thing!! Thanks in advance.
Susan

Art_Teacher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 2322

Post by Art_Teacher »

I did this and I love it! It was so fun and really got me using my stash and outside my box. I have to wait to post until my stickles dry though. :)
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2131

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

I am getting same message, can not load, wrong submission, so here is mine.
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2131

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

suewho372 wrote:I am posting this here for now-- I keep getting the message my layout does not meet submission requirements for this challenge. I do not know what I am doing incorrectly for it to sumbit. If someone knows please PM me and I will move this crazy thing!! Thanks in advance.

WOW, I love this!!!!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee

Post by scrappininAK »

gorgeous pages Susan and Susan !
Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
hlg1rose
Cherry Berry
Gallery: 127

Post by hlg1rose »

I am excited over this one! What an amazing idea. Only 2 problems for me, since my daughter's album was about 50 pages of some kind of green, I do not want to see another green cardstock for at least a month! I also am going to make a change on the picture total, hope that is ok, I read the directions and believe my pictures will fit to be able to do exactly what is said.

------------------------------

This challenge was a lot of fun. I got a little nervous when I couldn't understand one part of the directions, then realized, if I stepped away from my layout and looked at it, common sense would tell me where to put my next thing. Thanks!

I could not post this in the challenge gallery, would not accept it.

Last edited by hlg1rose on Thu May 09, 2013 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/thumbnail ... picker.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]

heleneNY http://emptynestscraproom.blogspot.com/[/url:dgoiopbi]

"The skin I'm in is alright with me, it's not old, just older" ` JBJ

[img:dgoiopbi]http://www.acherryontop.com/i/gallery2/211014-490.gif[/img:dgoiopbi]
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 733

Post by sherelm »

hlg1rose wrote:I am excited over this one! What an amazing idea. Only 2 problems for me, since my daughter's album was about 50 pages of some kind of green, I do not want to see another green cardstock for at least a month! I also am going to make a change on the picture total, hope that is ok, I read the directions and believe my pictures will fit to be able to do exactly what is said.
EVERYTHING is "OK"!!!! I want you to be happy with the finished project. This challenge is much like a sketch challenge, only in that it's verbal instead of visual. I listed what/how to do it, but if you float off into your own creative zone - that's absolutely fine! And it will still count!
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3695

Post by blbabe1234 »

Here's my take on it Sher:

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
jrrah4903
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 649

Post by jrrah4903 »

"wrong type of submission" error when trying to upload to challenge check box in gallery. I'm putting it here instead. Thanks for the challenge!
- Jillian

1grandma
Cherry Addict
Gallery: 187

Post by 1grandma »

My hand got a cramp while copying these instructions! No paper! But I got to really think about doing this challenge and it is so exciting! Thanks!
Bibi
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

I'm getting a lot of "I can't get to the gallery" for this posting - I have no idea why some can, some can't. But I assure you all, I'll draw from the entries here AND there - So if it's easier to post here - fine.
But if you'lve already managed to get your layout into the Emerald Green Gallery - then you do not need to repost - I will definitely go there for entries as well.

Thank you ladies - lovely layouts I'm seeing!!!!
scrappininAK
Cherry Jubilee

Post by scrappininAK »

fabulous pages everyone. Here's mine. I really did follow through the instructions but at every step seemed to make substitutions/modifications. Anyway so glad I did this - I rarely scrap in green and I like how it turned out

Heather

My Blog Unleashed
My Etsy Store CutMania
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee

Post by sherelm »

scrappininAK wrote:fabulous pages everyone. Here's mine. I really did follow through the instructions but at every step seemed to make substitutions/modifications. Anyway so glad I did this - I rarely scrap in green and I like how it turned out

I'm trying not to comment too much because of the others still yet to submit, but one comment you said about how you "really did follow through the instructions but at every step seemed to make substitutions/modifications" - that's the whole idea!! IF YOU want to change it YOU DO. If you want to do it step by step - that's equally perfect. It's what we all get out of the instructions that's important!
Kari_H
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 246

Post by Kari_H »

Here is mine -
I ended up making my own letter stickers with the Xyron. I have no reason to buy letter stickers when I own a Cricut, it is a waste of money LOL...

Kari ----- "Women with whips, 82% more likely to get what they want."

Check out my site! http://countryroadphotography.zenfolio.com/
jrrah4903
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 649

Post by jrrah4903 »

sherelm wrote:I'm getting a lot of "I can't get to the gallery" for this posting - I have no idea why some can, some can't. But I assure you all, I'll draw from the entries here AND there - So if it's easier to post here - fine.
But if you'lve already managed to get your layout into the Emerald Green Gallery - then you do not need to repost - I will definitely go there for entries as well.

Thank you ladies - lovely layouts I'm seeing!!!!

Oh Thank You! Cause I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong. LOL
- Jillian

stateless
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 335

Post by stateless »

Here is mine - super fun challenge! Though I will admit that I studied the instructions a little too much because my mind is so analytical.

Now I can go look at the others! I was staying away from them until I finished mine.
- Valerie/stateless
JillinIN
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 479

Post by JillinIN »

This was so much fun. Green is my favorite color so I was super excited to use for this challenge. It's also my daughter's favorite color, hence the green roses in her bouquet. You can't tell from the photo, but the emerald paper is pearlized and the large butterfly, boarder punch & strip at the bottom have glittery swirls.
Jill
 Jill
ImageImage

Return to “NSD Crop 2013”