How To Add A Photo On The Message Board

Moderators: Rachel Kent, ACOT Employee

Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee
Gallery: 1172

How To Add A Photo On The Message Board

Post by Rachel Kent »

Here's a quick tutorial of how to add a photo here on the message board! 

First off, you'll need to be logged in and submit your photo into the gallery.

Then right click on the photo you want, and select "copy image address".

Then click into the thread on the message board you want, and click the "post reply" button. You'll see it at the top and bottom of the page.

This is where you can write a reply. To add your image, look for the little image square button and click on that.

A little box will pop up, and then you will paste your image link there. Either right click and select "paste", or use control + v on your keyboard. Click the ok button.

And there you go! Just click submit on the bottom and it will be posted to that thread.

Hope that helps! :)

Jaditelady173
Cherry Blossom
Gallery: 48

Re: How To Add A Photo On The Message Board

Post by Jaditelady173 »

This is where I have my problem every year. I don't use a pc or laptop. I do use a 10" Samsung tablet or upload f4om my smart phone. Uploading to the gallery is easy. Click and pasting it to the chat in the message board is the problem. I would appreciate if there is anyone out there who could help with that process. Because I know the hosts of the challenges always want you to post in the comments for the prizes. Last year, I couldn't figure it out and no one was online that knew how to do it, so I just gave up. Year's before I had a lady explain it to me so I posted those years. I should have wrote it down. I will this year for the future too.
Amy Jo
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 754

Post by Amy Jo »

Jaditelady173 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 12:07 am
This is where I have my problem every year. I don't use a pc or laptop. I do use a 10" Samsung tablet or upload f4om my smart phone. Uploading to the gallery is easy. Click and pasting it to the chat in the message board is the problem. I would appreciate if there is anyone out there who could help with that process. Because I know the hosts of the challenges always want you to post in the comments for the prizes. Last year, I couldn't figure it out and no one was online that knew how to do it, so I just gave up. Year's before I had a lady explain it to me so I posted those years. I should have wrote it down. I will this year for the future too.
I created a blog (for free) on blogspot.com, uploaded my photos there, and then copied/pasted to the message board. I just tap and hold the photo and select “copy” from the list of options that come up. Then I follow the steps listed in the tutorial for adding the photo in a post.
It’s more work to upload them to a separate site but that’s the only way I could figure out how to do it on my IPad. I assume it would work on your tablet, too. I hope it helps! If anyone has a quicker solution, I’d love to hear it!

ImageImageImage

Lginsky
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 18

Post by Lginsky »

Amy Jo wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:32 am
Jaditelady173 wrote:
I created a blog (for free) on blogspot.com, uploaded my photos there, and then copied/pasted to the message board. I just tap and hold the photo and select “copy” from the list of options that come up. Then I follow the steps listed in the tutorial for adding the photo in a post.
It’s more work to upload them to a separate site but that’s the only way I could figure out how to do it on my IPad. I assume it would work on your tablet, too. I hope it helps! If anyone has a quicker solution, I’d love to hear it!

On my iPad, I upload to the gallery, then when you are looking at your gallery page you have to tap the photo once THEN press and hold again for the options, you can either use copy (it will copy the link) or share (which will also copy the link) and then add it to your message board post
Isabella S
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 5

Post by Isabella S »

If you are using your phone for NSD this year I have a solution to your problem on how to upload a picture.

First select the item in the store that you want to pick and hold down on the picture. Hit the button that says copy and paste it into the response box. It comes up as a link that looks like this——

https://sbing.com/i/products/0000/034/3 ... x500-1.jpg

To make this into a picture just scroll up and look for an icon that looks like a photo. Highlight the link you just pasted into your response box and hit that button and… BOOM… here’s the picture——

debraruffing
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 508

Post by debraruffing »

Thank you Isabella.  It is so easy when you know how!  Thank you so much!
Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict

ImageImage  ImageImageImage
Aztam
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 672

Post by Aztam »

Lginsky wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:45 am
Amy Jo wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:32 am
Jaditelady173 wrote:

On my iPad, I upload to the gallery, then when you are looking at your gallery page you have to tap the photo once THEN press and hold again for the options, you can either use copy (it will copy the link) or share (which will also copy the link) and then add it to your message board post 
this is how I learned last year.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Tam

Return to “NSD Online Crop 2021”