Include a 15 Minute Poller Interval for Data Source Profiles

Anything that you think should be in Cacti.

Moderators: Developers, Moderators

eriks

Include a 15 Minute Poller Interval for Data Source Profiles

Post by eriks »

I believe this is as simple as adding:

900 => __('Every %d Minutes', 15),

To $sampling_intervals in global_arrays.php. I actually need a 15 min interval and I don't really want to patch global_arrays.php every time I update :(

Thanks!
eriks

Re: Include a 15 Minute Poller Interval for Data Source Profiles

Post by eriks »

Well it seems it's not this simple, since even with that in there I have a 15 min poller option and things seem correct, but cacti is not creating the datasource when the poller runs :(
cigamit
Developer

Post by cigamit »

Poller interval isn't really what you should be changing. You can still poll at 5 minutes for 15 minute graphs. You need to create an RRA Profile for the 15 minute graphs, and then run a 5 minute poller. Your graphs will still only poll every 15 minute.
eriks

Post by eriks »

Hi Cigmit,
My OP was actually misleading, that is exactly what I did. With respect to my own response as well the problem I was having was an issue with my script query that I resolved. So with the addition of the new interval in global_arrays.php the option appears under the RRD profile to use 15 minutes and create a RRD with a step of 900 seconds. Otherwise, the options are only 10 and 20 minutes. If I were to use 5 minutes, I would get an RRD with a step of 300 seconds would I not? I still have thousands of other data sources running at a 5 minute interval, and those continue to be polled every 5 minutes. What I didn't want was a 300 second step RRD with 3 data points being identical because the source of the data only changes at 15 minute intervals.

With a few more tweaks to my script query and the data source template I now have the graphs working with a RRD with a 900 second step. My concern is that without this added upstream, I will have problems when I update cacti and the update overwrites global_arrays.php.

Thanks!
TheWitness
Developer

Post by TheWitness »

I suggest you create a feature request on GitHub. It's a simple thing to achieve.
True understanding begins only when we realize how little we truly understand...

Life is an adventure, let yours begin with Cacti!

Author of dozens of Cacti plugins and customization's. Advocate of LAMP, MariaDB, IBM Spectrum LSF and the world of batch. Creator of IBM Spectrum RTM, author of quite a bit of unpublished work and most of Cacti's bugs.
Interesting Device Packages

For those wondering, I'm still here, but lost in the shadows. Yearning for less bugs. Who want's a Cacti 1.3/2.0? Streams anyone?